Monday, May 14, 2012

Gluten Free Pantry Brownie Review

Yum. We are currently making this and I licked the bowl clean! The cocoa in it tastes like a higher quality. The batter really is like regular brownies. My mom, who is a self-proclaimed "chocolate-snob"(Ghiradelli are the only chocolate chips she ever uses, nothing else is as good (at the regular grocery store, anyway)). She thought these were amazing, too!
The brownies are soft and gooey. The box recommends you freeze them for an hour, I think because they fall apart otherwise. We could not wait that long, but we did eat these with ice cream and the part that got really cold was more chewy. I loved the texture of these. I didn't notice any graininess or odd flavor that is so common in gluten free baking.
There was one small piece that was left in the pan overnight that my mom and I ate. It was still amazing. A little bit of the side was crispy, but most of it was still soft. The taste was just as good as last night.
It was just delicious! We will definitely buy this brand again.
Bytheway, the "Gluten Free Pantry" is produced by "Glutino", who also makes the best gf pretzels and these cookies. I'm officially a big fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment