Monday, April 9, 2012

Best Gluten Free Bread Recipe


BEST GLUTEN FREE BREAD

I have a friend who is friends with the gal who does this blog. She has some great recipes that I have tried and wanted to try. Her bread recipe is really good. I used her basic recipe to come up with this bread that works a little better for me. I will be making this regularly from now on. It's amazing.

3 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1&1/3 cup warm milk (room temp.)
1 Tablespoon honey, (I used 1/2T agave because I was out of honey)
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 cup rice flour (brown or white)
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup other flour- millet, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat (I didn't have any of those so I filled my 1/2 measuring cup 1/3 of the way with soy and 2/3 with almond)
1/2 cup corn starch or potato starch
3 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
1 &1/2 teaspoons salt
2 &1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Put eggs in mixer or large bowl, beat. Add all wet ingredients and give a quick stir. Add everything else Except the yeast. Mix 2 minutes on medium. Add yeast, mix another 2 minutes on medium, scraping the sides occasionally to make sure everything gets in there.
Spray glass bread pan with non-stick spray.
Let rise at least 40 minutes, longer if possible.
I put mine in the oven on "warm" for about 30 minutes, then turned the oven off and left it in there for about 2 hours! It was piled pretty high on top. But it turned out really good. Just make sure it doesn't completely spill over the sides.
Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 35 minutes.

If you are wondering about the random oats, I felt like trying it out, but didn't want to do the whole loaf because I knew TJ would prefer it without.
In Kim's recipe she adds 1/4 cup of add-ins (flax seed, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, etc.) I added all 3 when I made this the time before and it was really yummy, turned it to whole-grain bread. I think I will add in the above on occasion to mix things up, but I really liked it as just plain bread.

P.S. This makes excellent sandwiches!

1 comment:

  1. It would not be wrong to justify the fact that such a blog enhanced with very potential information, would always help an individual and group of companies to learn, understand and make a decision accordingly in their corporate world.
    Apparently I would like to give an overview of my company. We are necos natural and we provide all the healthy products which are beneficial for your health and skin cosmetics.


    Best Gluten Free Bread

    ReplyDelete